Building a Successful Blog: What Are The Technical Aspects?
You may have the greatest and most unique idea about a website you want to own and the content you plan to write and publish. But creating a successful online space for readers requires some key technical blog aspects that you mustn’t overlook that easily. We understand the excitement and the creativity flow at the beginning. Yet, when you sit down to do the actual work, you will realize there’s more to it than figuring out the topics for your publications, the logo, themes, and other branding details that will help you differentiate your website from the rest.
There are some nitty-gritty specifics and main factors that factors that build up a strong and profitable blog. From choosing a domain name to having platform customization options – they are all there.
This article will highlight all the technical aspects that you as a future blogger need to keep an eye on so your website can stand the test of time and the changes in the digital world.
1. First Things First – The Domain Name!
Yes, this is technical and critical. In order for people to remember you, you need to choose a domain name for your blog that will be easy to remember, yet it should mirror your idea of a blog. We’ve gathered a few “metrics” to help you select a domain name.
- Keep it short, simple and concise.
- It can be catchy and memorable.
- Blog domain names should be easy to spell, type, and even pronounce.
- Make it appropriate to your topic.
- Don’t overdo it with the unique point because this may result in being too difficult to remember it.
- Avoid making it sound obscure.
- Never use dashes, numbers, hyphens.
- Don’t copy from others and avoid making it similar to a popular blog because it will lead to confusion and increased bounce rate.
You can play around and try to configure your domain name with our configurator for free.
2. What’s The Content Management System You Want To Use?
Is it Joomla or WordPress? Maybe you prefer Magento or Drupal? It’s all up to you. But you must carefully research all of them to see which one will best fit your budget, technical skills (you may need them to set up settings and configurations), the volumes of content you plan to publish and so forth.
For instance, with WordPress you get things like anti-spam protection, advanced SEO tools, site statistics that help you gain insights to the website performance, and more. Other content management platforms may be a bit more limited when it comes to this type of “goodies.”
If you plan to use a lot of media in your blog, Joomla wouldn’t be a good choice. The platform’s media management definitely needs improvement as there are only a few media capabilities allowed.
3. Next, The King Of All Tech Specs – Web Hosting
Nothing can ruin the whole user experience like a website that is slow to load. Nothing can ruin your idea of your blog like a memory exhausted error or a server downtime. That’s why it’s really important to choose a reliable hosting provider. In the best-case scenario, you need a web hosting provider that:
- Can maintain the speed and performance of your blog regardless of the number of page visitors you have at the same time.
- Has a 24/7 customer support so you can reach out when an issue arises.
- Offers different plans and simple migration in case you want to renew your subscription and change it for another one.
- Simplifies the process of connecting your domain name to your newly created website.
4. The Art Of SEO-Friendliness For A Successful Blog
When starting your blog, start it with Google exposure in mind. The website simply must look good to search engines and website crawlers. Why? Because this is what your website depends on in order for it to get its content indexed all across the Internet. What you need to achieve this?
- Original content as Google penalizes articles and posts that is plagiarized and copied from another source. So it is all about originality.
- Use keywords but don’t overstuff your blogs with them.
- Write in different formats, Google loves it – use images, infographics, fragmented texts, longer articles, answer questions with snippets so Google SERP feature can catch them and rank the text better.
5. Themes, Themes, Themes
Now this may come as a surprise but choosing the right theme for your blog is what contributes to the evaluation – is it a successful blog or a failure. The solution here is to set the theme for increased readability and maximum conversions. It may require a little bit more time from you to invest in this process, but the additional effort will pay off. Make it look consistent, with the right font, and the right typography.
How can BGOcloud help you build a successful blog?
We’ll start with the basics again, the domain name. With our domain name generator, finding a domain name happens much faster. And it’s even fun to try. You can see whether or not the domain you want is available or not, you get the price you will have to pay for it, plus, the generator shows alternatives too.
Then, we have the best web hosting solutions for WordPress, Joomla hosting plans, Drupal hosting, and Magento hosting services.
We value our clients, and that’s why we strive to provide them more value for the money. In order to respond to their expectations and needs, we ensure 99.9% UPTIME. After all, nobody likes downtime and we know it. So, the availability of our customers’ websites is our top priority.
24/7 SUPPORT is another thing we provide. If you have any questions about any of the hosting solutions or in the unlikely event of any problems, our team of qualified experts is here to assist you.
Easier MIGRATION is what we also deliver to you. If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with your current host, we ensure seamless transition to one of our services. Just contact our team to specify the details.
Other reasons to choose us: