WordPress Hosting vs Web Hosting: What’s The Difference?
Are you puzzled by Web hosting vs WordPress hosting and do you see them as one and the same thing? This comparison article is a must-read then.
The uncompromising digital world requires stable digital presence. Which means you have no other choice but to keep everything online, running, available, and secure. Subscribing to a hosting plan and a hosting service, then, is a must. It sustains your business growth and company and supports your creativity (if you’re a blogger, a photographer or any other type of digital content creator with their own digital space), BUT only when you’ve chosen the right hosting type.
Unfortunately, there appears to be a (somewhat worrying) confusion among “hosting seekers” and even some of our first-time clients when they purchase their hosting plan. And that is their misunderstanding about the difference between WordPress hosting and Web hosting.
See, they are not the same thing – ergo they serve distinct purposes and have different meanings.
The topics and questions we cover to help you better understand these two hosting terms are:
- What is Web Hosting?
- Choosing the best-fit Web hosting plan
- Web hosting plans by BGOcloud
- What is WordPress Hosting?
- What are the benefits of WordPress Hosting?
- Who needs WordPress Hosting?
- WordPress hosting plans by BGOcloud
Web Hosting in a Nutshell: Quick Beginners Guide
Web hosting is an umbrella term which encompasses all types of hosting solutions for the web. Unlike WordPress hosting which refers to a niche specifically tailored to WordPress-based websites, Web hosting allows broader types of websites to live on the Internet and makes them easy to find by search engines.
Typically, a web host provides internet connectivity to your website and allocates a space on a server for it where you can securely store all the files for your site.
There are different types of Web hosting solutions, including:
- Shared Hosting
- Virtual Private Servers (VPS)
- Dedicated Servers
- Cloud Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
How To Choose the Right Type of a Web Hosting Plan For You
To help you along the way, consider key questions like:
- What type of website are you going to build – is it an online store or a corporate marketing page? Or, perhaps, a blog?
- What type of features do you need – a shopping cart software, data analytics and business transactions capabilities, SEO tools?
- How much traffic do you expect – thousands of visitors per month or less?
- Is there a need for a script support?
To help you identify your needs and the right hosting plan, we’ve prepared a comprehensive guide with Tips for Enterprises or Bloggers. Have a look at it to better understand what you need.
Choosing BGOcloud Web Hosting: Plans and Features
Here are some of the benefits of our cPanel hosting.
Other general web hosting features that we at BGOcloud deliver:
- Plenty of disk space
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Security and 24/7 support
- 99.9% uptime
- Velocity and high-performant websites guaranteed
- Free domain and IP address
- Individual kernel and separate modules for VPS plans
- Dedicated resources at an affordable price and much more
In The Spotlight: WordPress Hosting and What It Is
In essence, WordPress hosting is a type of a web hosting solution which is specifically tailored to run WordPress websites. Choosing this type of hosting means you are getting tools and features that are optimized for an ultimate WordPress’ performance and security needs.
With a WordPress hosting you have an opportunity to use shared servers to host more than one website at once. The only thing to know is that every website hosted here will be a WordPress site.
What About the Benefits of Purchasing a WordPress Hosting?
According to the most recent WordPress statistics for 2022, the platform has powered about 39.6% of the Internet in 2021 and keeps increasing its growth each year. The reason WordPress is so popular and huge is because it is an open-source platform, extremely intuitive and really helps you build great websites with SEO tools, powerful features, and easy to navigate UX.
So why would you want to go with a WordPress hosting plan? Well, why not? You want to build a great WordPress website, especially when you have 0 coding skills, then benefiting from a scalable WordPress hosting solution is the right thing to do.
The benefits of a WordPress hosting include:
- Super reliable and tailored support from WordPress experts.
- High level of security so you don’t have to worry about backups, malware, and so on.
- Faster loading and high-performant WordPress websites with better uptime.
- Simple site management and various features to choose from.
- Easy-to-add SSL certificates, fast set-up and one-click install.
- You can choose between shared or managed WordPress hosting plans.
The People/Businesses That May Find a WordPress Hosting Suitable for Them
Since WordPress in general is such an easy and popular platform, the number and profile of people who go with it keeps growing. Logically, then, anyone who has a WordPress website can go for a WordPress hosting as well. Whether you want to have a website about photography, a blog, whether you are a graphic designer, or UX writer, or even if want to for your website to handle about 100 000 visitors per month – WordPress hosting is a great choice.
Choosing BGOcloud WordPress Hosting: Plans and Features
There are four full-featured WordPress hosting plans by BGOcloud you can choose from.
Key features and benefits they include:
- Incredible speed and cutting-edge SSD technology, improving the delivery of data on
- Top-notch security thanks to the CloudLinux OS file system CageFS.
- Free SSL certificates that will be automatically generated within 24 hours.
- Daily backups – 14 days retention with daily restore points.
- 24/7 customer and technical support.
WordPress Hosting vs Web Hosting Summary
For some people, differentiating WordPress hosting from Web hosting is difficult and many consider them pretty much the same thing. However, they are not. The main difference between WordPress hosting vs Web hosting is that web hosting is a much broader term and service which includes various hosting plans like VPS hosting, dedicated servers, and so on. Whereas WordPress hosting is a subcategory of web hosting that refers to WordPress installs and is specifically tailored to WordPress websites.
Features of good Web hosting plans in general include plenty of disk space, satisfying bandwidth, security, 24/7 support, speed and high-performant websites and much more.
Features of a good WordPress hosting plans in general include things like SSL certificates, daily backups, reliable assistance, high security levels, speed, top-notch uptime and so on.
Go on and have a look at our hosting plans and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. Our team will discuss your needs and will help you choose the best hosting plan.