Connect using SSH
With our cPanel Hosting plans: Mainstream, Popular, and Famous You can use SSH (Secure Shell) to connect to the server.
You can use this connection for:
- Securely transfer files from/to another computer or server
- Manage file and folder permissions
- Edit Your web page or app's code
- Delete or backup files and folders
- Monitor or backup log files
For login information use the username, password, and server information sent to You with the confirmation e-mail.
For Windows use:
- Open terminal
- Type: ssh yourdomain.com
- l username
- You will be prompted to accept the RSA fingerprint, answer yes
- Type your password
NOTE: cPanel Launch doesn't support access over SSH!